Travel brings you a lot of fun, adventure, and experiences. However, accommodation and other pre-requisites can get very costly unless you know where to get outstanding deals. Fortunately, you can easily find what’s the best hotel booking site. In this article, we share our experience and perspective with one.
Getting a perfect deal on hotels or other modes of accommodation can save you a lot of capital. You can use your savings to enjoy your travel. A great way of seeking good deals while enjoying the experience will be by using online booking sites. This review will give you what you need to do to leverage Booking.com, a global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of places to stay.
Booking.com – The Company
Booking.com was founded in the city of Amsterdam way back in 1996. Since then, it grew to be one of the world’s leading digital travel companies aimed at making it easier for everyone to experience the world. It is supported internationally by 198 offices in 70 countries. It is available in 43 languages, offering more than 28 million reported listings places to stay at an affordable value. Its listings included over 6.2 million hotels, homes, apartments, and even camping facilities.
Over the years, it has invested in technology to turn itself into the world’s largest travel marketplaces. By doing so, it is able to seamlessly connect millions of travelers worldwide to memorable experiences, a variety of transportation options, and incredible places to stay. Currently, it is available via a wide range of devices, including desktops, tablets, iPhones, Android mobile phones, and even Kindle Fire.
Additionally, whether you are booking earlier enough by a month or in a last-minute rush does not matter. The site makes your best hotel search engine easy by giving you multiple options. It allows you to determine faster which hotel is likely to meet your demands effectively and suits your budget.
Booking Holdings Inc.
Booking.com is one of the companies within the umbrella of Booking Holdings Inc., which includes other well-known travel brands:
Booking Holdings affiliates include the following:
- Booking.com – Global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of places to stay
- Priceline – A leader in online discount travel
- Kayak – online price comparison service that allows easy search of travel itineraries and prices
- Agoda – leading online global accommodation provider based in Asia
- Rentalcars.com – operated as part of Booking.com, providing online rental car reservation service
- OpenTable – The leading brand for booking online restaurant reservations
What the Best Hotel Booking Site Provides
You can book just about everything you need for your travel, flights, airport taxis, car rentals, and vacation packages – either individually or in combination.
It is relatively easy to find and book your accommodations via Booking.com. You just have to fill in where you are going. In particular, you need to provide your check-in and check-out dates, number of guests, and the rooms you need on their search facility.
The search will then provide you with a view just like the one below, outlining each of the properties that matched your search criteria.
It also has a Map View, which will tell you where exactly the property is situated.
Your first set of search results may appear overwhelming, as it will give you hundreds of options. However, a sidebar includes several widgets that you can use to filter and zero in on the most relevant properties to your needs and budget. The filters include the following:
Booking.com also has a feature/page that lists local and global deals that suit your travel plans and enable you to save more, such as the Early 2021 Deals page, as shown below.
Whole Vacation Packages
You can also search for holiday packages to various destinations and book your accommodations, flights, and car rentals together and save much more!
Booking.com also lets you search, compare, and book flights with any of the 650 airlines worldwide. Just like for accommodation, their search facility is straightforward and easy to use, as you can glean from the portal below:
As mentioned earlier, you can also book your airport transfers with tried and tested drivers:
You can also rent a car through some of the most popular car hire brands:
Reliable assessments can be found directly on the site. The company prides itself on honest reviews by guests who actually utilized its services.
Booking.com also has a Travel Community where members can connect with fellow travelers, share their experiences, and get travel advice and inspiration.
Booking.com’s mission is to provide travelers with the largest selection of accommodations in 100,000+ destinations worldwide. A few years back, the company challenged its 14,000 employees to document their year of travel and showcase some of the things travelers can explore through them. Check out the video below for their story.
Pros and Cons
- Extensive range of options for any type of traveler (whether for business or leisure)
- Automated and easy-to-use search and booking features with a highly rated mobile app
- Provides multiple filter options to personalize your search specific to your requirements
- Cater to all your travel needs (accommodation, flights, land transport, vacation packages)
- Genuine and transparent in the prices quoted for the various properties and services
- Reliable reviews provided only by guests who booked and stayed at the property
- Enables you to book directly with OpenTable for restaurants you need during your travel
- Booking.com does not offer Mystery Deals as some sites do
- For a specific hotel, the price may not be different compared to booking directly on the hotel website
Have Property to List?
If you have a vacation or rental property, Booking.com provides you the facility to list it for free.
There are several reasons for listing your property on Booking.com. Here are some of them:
- Simplifies the mechanics of managing your property listing
- Allows you to change your rates easily as required and update your listing
- Enables you to reach many travelers and promote your business.
- Optimizes your occupancy rates
What’s The Best Hotel Booking Site?
Booking.com definitely fits the bill. It is quick and easy-to-use. The platform provides a wide selection of options, yet it allows such options to be sorted and filtered You can narrow the search by amenities, location, the value offered, and much more in line with your travel needs.
It also guarantees you the best hotel deals that are affordable. There are occasions of course when Booking.com may not save you money compared to others in the market. However, it can certainly save you tons of time and heartaches when planning your trip.
Meanwhile, if you are a property owner, Booking.com is also an excellent platform you can leverage to list your property. It will allow you an extensive reach to promote and optimize your occupancy with the least management effort on your part.
In summary, whether you are a traveler, somebody planning to travel, or a vacation property owner, Booking.com would be perfect for you. Check them out.
If you have tried Booking.com, we would love to see your comments below. And if you liked this article and you think can be of value to your friends, please share.